Cookies

This site uses cookies, for example to provide statistics, or to enable you to post comments. If you don't want that, please, adjust your personal browser to block cookies. (If you do so, the site might not run smoothly anymore.)
I apologise for any inconvenience.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, z.B. zum Erstellen von Statistiken, aber auch, um das Posten von Kommentaren zu ermöglichen. Ist dies unerwünscht, bitte den persönlichen Browser so einstellen, dass Cookies blockiert werden. (Es könnte sein, dass dadurch die Seite nicht reibungslos läuft.)
Ich entschuldige mich für eventuelle Unannehmlichkeiten.

12.08.2017

May The Force Be With You (Part 2)

I couldn’t let that comment pass unchallenged, could I? "I bet I'll get at least the same mark as you in the next test. If I don't, I'll buy you the chewing gum family pack you were drooling over at the supermarket last week. If I do, you buy me one."

Monica looked at me long and hard. Then she stuck out her right hand. "Deal."

We shook and spat into each other's palms. 

Now I was in a real fix, because maths and I go together like David Beckham and ballet shoes. But the Force is with me, right? All I needed was a bulletproof plan. Fast.  Because the next maths test was only three days away.

Of course, I wouldn't learn for the test. That much was certain. To stand a chance,
I needed the best crib ever. And not just one, because our maths teacher, Ms Sanders, is pretty sharp. She'd found my last one even before I'd had a chance to glance at it. That wouldn't do this time. 

I'd prepare one crib to hide in my socks, one for my pencil case, one programmed into my smartphone and one up my sleeve. Success depended also on the content. I looked through all the maths examples we'd done the previous month, jotted down a few algebra rules and even added two or three examples to each.

Then I read everything through to check the text was as complete as I could make it. Writing it down was an art of its own; keeping it small but also readable.

On the big day, I chose my socks and sweatshirt carefully; tight enough to keep the cribs in 
place, loose enough for easy access. 
(To be continued)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen