Cookies

This site uses cookies, for example to provide statistics, or to enable you to post comments. If you don't want that, please, adjust your personal browser to block cookies. (If you do so, the site might not run smoothly anymore.)
I apologise for any inconvenience.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, z.B. zum Erstellen von Statistiken, aber auch, um das Posten von Kommentaren zu ermöglichen. Ist dies unerwünscht, bitte den persönlichen Browser so einstellen, dass Cookies blockiert werden. (Es könnte sein, dass dadurch die Seite nicht reibungslos läuft.)
Ich entschuldige mich für eventuelle Unannehmlichkeiten.

14.08.2016

What else has happened...



After having missed the Swanwick Writers' Summer School in 2015, I was more than happy to be able to participate this year. The Swanwick Magic engulfed me as soon as I entered the door and felt the first welcoming hugs.
 
The Hayes Conference Centre in Swanwick, Derbyshire
Although I arrived one day late (as I'd had to work in my bread job on Saturday), it was the most relaxed Swanwick ever for me. Maybe because I found the right balance between courses and recreation at last. Other years, I felt like a kid in a candy shop tending to do too much. 

Also, the atmosphere had never been better. I know, I write that every time. But I wasn't the only delegate who said so. Many a member told me, it had just been fabulous for them.
And what courses did I take?


And what courses did I take? "Character Psychology" with Steve Hartley, "The Trickier Side of Fiction" with Sue Moorcroft, "Plot and Stratagem" with Michael Jecks. All of them well taught. Except for Saturday evening, when I was in Zurich waiting for my flight, I went to all the evening speakers. But why am I telling you all this? Have a look at the programme yourself:

http://www.swanwickwritersschool.org.uk/programme.html#.V7CNCDVSE1w
 
Is the pen mightier than the sword?
The Pantomime was especially good this year: "The Battle of Writer's Block", an analogy of doubt, success and a writer's desperate strife for the latter – well, sort of anyway. Such a pity that it doesn't exist on DVD. We laughed our socks off.
 
At the dregs party - my friend Anu Gupta and you know who.
Only about 358 days till the next Swanwick. Something really, really, really catastrophic will have to crop up to stop me from going.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen