Cookies

This site uses cookies, for example to provide statistics, or to enable you to post comments. If you don't want that, please, adjust your personal browser to block cookies. (If you do so, the site might not run smoothly anymore.)
I apologise for any inconvenience.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, z.B. zum Erstellen von Statistiken, aber auch, um das Posten von Kommentaren zu ermöglichen. Ist dies unerwünscht, bitte den persönlichen Browser so einstellen, dass Cookies blockiert werden. (Es könnte sein, dass dadurch die Seite nicht reibungslos läuft.)
Ich entschuldige mich für eventuelle Unannehmlichkeiten.

07.06.2015

What else has happened...


Breaking News

Until Mid-January 2015, you could send in self-published books that appeared in 2014 for the Self-Publishing Award. The competition is run jointly by WritingMagazine, UK, and the David St. John Thomas Charitable Trust.

I knew that the winners would be announced in the July issue of Writing Magazine. So when I hadn't heard anything by the end of Mai, I didn't harbour any big hopes anymore. What a joyful surprise, therefore, when somebody congratulated me on Twitter. The magazine was waiting for me in my letterbox when I came home that night, and really: DIE VENEZIANISCHEN PERLEN / THE VENETIAN PEARLS hadn't made a prize, but had been rewarded with a "Commended".

From now on, I can use this tag in my publicity. Of course, I immediately designed a flashy sticker.

High time to thank the people without whose help the project would probably never have seen the light of day: My mentor Roz Southey, my beta-reader Steve Jenkins, my editors David Wells and Magdalena Bernath, and the wonderful Elena S. Pini, who designed the fabulous cover.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen