Cookies

This site uses cookies, for example to provide statistics, or to enable you to post comments. If you don't want that, please, adjust your personal browser to block cookies. (If you do so, the site might not run smoothly anymore.)
I apologise for any inconvenience.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, z.B. zum Erstellen von Statistiken, aber auch, um das Posten von Kommentaren zu ermöglichen. Ist dies unerwünscht, bitte den persönlichen Browser so einstellen, dass Cookies blockiert werden. (Es könnte sein, dass dadurch die Seite nicht reibungslos läuft.)
Ich entschuldige mich für eventuelle Unannehmlichkeiten.

03.05.2014

What else has happened...


Last week, I had my first school reading after a longish break. I'd already read in half of the German speaking Swiss Cantons but this was my first school reading in my home canton, Berne. From where I live, Orpund lies in a south-westerly direction beyond the nearest hill. The more I was looking forward to the event.
Throughout this school year, the Primary School of Orpund has an emphasis on the theme of "Books". I was over the moon to be able to read for their classes from kindergarten to sixth grade. For third to sixth grade, they'd also ordered a short talk on "How does a book come into being?".
So on Monday and Wednesday morning, I travelled to Orpund. The welcome was overwhelmingly friendly. I was especially taken by the lively welcome of a few children who recognised me from Monday when I arrived on Wednesday. Another treat was the coffee break in the teachers' room.
The SJW-Box (for information see www.sjw.ch) was also at that school during the week. Serendipity, as I happened to read, among other things, from my SJW publications "Unter Verdacht" (Under Suspicion) and "Die Zirkusaffäre" (The Circus Incident).
I also had the opportunity to present a "trailer" from "The Venetian Pearls" (watch this space). The children liked the prologue. A real boost for me so shortly before publication.
Those were two exhausting but totally enriching days. Thank you Primary School of Orpund!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen